The building, also called "The Swedish Gate" at Torņa street 11 is one of the most original 17th century houses built incorporating the fortification wall of the city. During the Swedish rule a gate has been made connecting Torņa street and Trokšņu street. Thats where the name "The Swedish Gate" comes from.
In the 1920s the building was purchased by the Architects Union and rebuilt in 1953 after the project made by architect A.Reinfelds. An architects art studio has been built in the buildings roof facing Torņa street.
Since April of 2004 the work of the art studio has been resumed.